PARANOIA3 In-line Tape Encryption Appliance
PARANOIA3 is designed to seamlessly fit into your environment so there will be no reason for you to change your IT systems or procedures. Easy to use and with simple system integration, means Paranoia3 is perfect in a disaster recovery situation where fast retrieval of data is of paramount importance.
The Paranoia3 tape encryption appliance unit is the latest addition to the range of Paranoia tape encryption appliances. Based on previous field proven tape encryption appliances, Paranoia3 delivers increased speed, AES 256 tape encryption and increased flexibility whilst still maintaining the idea that any tape encryption product should be simple to operate, require minimal management and be easily implemented into your current IT environment, regardless of the type of tape technology and server you use.
- AES128, 192 or 256 user selectable encryption
- 320 Mb/sec SCSI interface
- 4 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel Interface
- Supports up to four tape drives
- Support for all host systems
- No change to OS or backup software
- Unique user ID chip for added security
- Dual User keys to avoid single person access
- 1U half depth rack mount enclosure
- Low power use and low thermal footprint
Download the The Paranoia3 data encryption unit Data Sheet
The iCard and iSecure Key Management Packages for Paranoia and Safe Tape (Windows Based).
Download the iSecure and iCard data sheet.
iCard: Security Management Package includes:
- Standard Windows based software and hardware
- personalized smart cards with varying access levels to all functions for any or all sites.
- PIN number entry activation of smart card
iSecure: Operations Management Package includes:
- GUI and hardware to control Paranoia and Safe Tape units
SecureCopy3 encrypting off-line copier
The SecureCopy3 system offers a fast, efficient and straightforward means of converting an existing stock of unencrypted archive tapes to a secure archive without the need for any system connection.
Copy from like to like (e.g. LTO4 to LTO4) or disssimilar tapes (e.g. 3590 to LTO4). Units are offered with or without drives.<
- Simple high speed encrypted copy solution
- AES 256 Encryption SecureCopy3 tape duplicator
- Secure your archive tapes in situ; no host required
- Available with or without drives
- Management via supplied PC
- Copy, Copy & Verify and Verify only options
- Can also copy without encryption
- Compatible with Paranoia3 in-line SCSI and FC encryption units
The SecureCopy3 can also be used for off- line encryption of tapes from multiple systems, to allow them to be shipped off- site to a DR facility. Tapes can then be restored using either another SecureCopy3 unit, or direct to a system using Paranoia3 units.
The SecureCopy3 offers a complete stand-alone solution to allow users a simple and fast way to convert an archive of tapes including SDLT, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5 tapes to be converted to secure encrypted tapes. SecureCopy3 is fully compatible with the Paranoia3 units, so allowing tapes stored in an off-site vault to be converted in-situ, rather than taking the risk of transporting unencrypted tapes.
SecureCopy3 can also be used to convert between different types of media, i.e. connect a SDLT as input and LTO4 as output to enable a complete refresh of media to encrypted tapes.
The SecureCopy3 system requires no reconfiguration to handle different formats of tape media from varying software packages and simply converts block- for- block, as well as handling the encryption and compression.
For ease of use the source tapes must be write protected before the copy is enabled, ensuring a simple operation without the chance of accidentally overwriting the source tape.
The SecureCopy3 comes complete with all necessary configuration software, which simplifies and controls the operation, as well as offering certain audit trails to be printed. The design ensures that only write protected tapes are considered as the source.
For more information on the SecureCopy3 system, please download a copy of the datasheet.